英:[nɔt bʌt]
美:[nɑt bʌt]
英:[nɔt bʌt]
美:[nɑt bʌt]
但不是不;
1 I can not but tell him the truth.
我不得不告诉他实情。
2 I can not but be gay in such a jocund company.
我和如此快乐的同伴在一起岂能不乐。
3 He's never walked that far, not but that he could do it if he tried.
虽然他若试试能走到,但他从未走过那么远。
4 He could not but look up to the sky and sigh deeply when his lifetime of frustrations passed through his mind.
想起自己坎坷的一生,他不由仰天长叹。
5 "Will it happen again?"— 'I hope not. but you never know.'
“这事还会再发生吗?”——“但愿不会,但谁知道呢。”
6 She could not but congratulate him.
她只能祝贺他。
7 He is extremely strong — not but that he will catch cold at times.
虽然他特别健壮,可是有时也会感冒.
8 After the fire swallowed his cottage , the old man could not but feel utterly bereft.
在一场大火吞噬了他的草屋之后, 老人唯一的感觉就是他已经一无所有了.
9 I cannot do it; not but what a younger man might be able to do it.
我不能做, 但也许年轻一点的人能做.
10 Overcome with admiration, he could not but imitate them.
他企羡之余, 不免模仿.
11 I cannot do it, not but that a stronger man might.
不能做, 但并不是说比我强的人也不能做.
12 I cannot do it not but that a stronger might.
我干不了这件事,虽然不能说比我强的人也干不了.
13 I could not but be gay in such a jocund company.
我和如此快乐的同伴在一起岂能不乐.
14 I could not but smile to hear her talk in this lofty strain.
我听她这样的大口气禁不住笑了.
15 She could not but think indeed that Mr. Crawford might as well have saved him trouble.
她只是觉得克劳福特先生完全可以代他效劳.
16 Though you knew he was perfectly worthless you could not but enjoy his company.
尽管你明知这个人一钱不值,你还是情不自禁地喜欢和他在一起.
17 The boy is very healthy -- not but that he will catch colds sometimes.
这男孩很健康 -- 虽然有时候也感冒.
18 Since the time of shipment can not be fixed, I can not but worry about it.
交货期还没定下来, 我怎么会不着急呢?
19 Perhaps not, but it will certainly give us prestige in this industrial zone.
也许不会, 但它肯定会提高我们在这个工业区内的吸引力.